Some facts

Some somewhat random but disturbing facts I saw recently:

  • Americans owe $849 billion on student loans (which is more than is owed on credit cards)
  • the average supermarket wastes and discards over 3,000 pounds of food each year
  • one out of every eight Americans is getting food stamps
  • one of every six Americans is served by at least one anti-poverty program
  • 80% of last year’s college graduates moved back into their parents’ homes
  • one out of every seven mortgages in America is delinquent or in foreclosure
  • According to a recent poll of Americans between the ages of 44 and 75, 61% said that running out money was their biggest fear. The remaining 39% thought death was scarier.
  • 28% of American households have at least one person looking for a job

Love Wins